this is likely my favorite game on the tic 80 and i don't even usually care for shmups. great job!
- Arrow Keys: movement
- Z: shoot
- X: shoot vertically
- A/S: change weapons (after you've unlocked them)
The game won't save your acquired weapons on the browser. To do so, you have to download TIC-80 and use it to play the amethist_waters.tic cartridge in the downloads section.
Play and explore deep sea caverns with your submarine in this procedurally generated shoot 'em up.
- Art: sketch created on Aseprite then refined on TIC-80 built-in graphics editor;
- Music: first version tracked on MilkyTracker, then refined on TIC-80 built-in tracker;
- Sound effetcs: created using TIC-80 built-in sfx editor;
- Background algae: created by my girlfriend, Zahra Ouahbi, as she's learning to make pixel art.
- Testing: special thanks to Pedro Marcondes and Adam Grandin for testing the game before submission.
Play online or download TIC-80, download the cartridge amethyst_waters.tic and open it within TIC-80.
- Post jam bugfixes release (v0.9.5)Apr 26, 2020
Log in with itch.io to leave a comment.
I have superpowers but nothing changes?
I get a compile error when I download the tic file and try to run it in TIC-80.
Nice game. I really like your graphics. Tiny pixel art is such fun. Thanks for making a fun game.
howsabout more bosses and weapons? but still, good work, you're great
Sure! I actually planned a lot more for the game, but the 10 days of the jam flew by haha. I want to add new bosses and weapons now that the jam is finished though
What an exciting game! i finally beat the boss with the third weapon, it was quite tough!
Graphics and music reminded me of Environmental Station Alpha, gameplay of Space Impact. The level had a nice ebb and flow difficulty curve, and the three weapons gave a reason to try again after dying.
This is surely a welcome addition to the fantasy console scene (and the first game I've seen made with a pre-release v0.80 of TIC-80!). I'd like to see a post-jam version of this one day!
Nice that you were able to beat it and thanks for your comment! :D Yeah, I’ll surely make a post-jam version. I want to improve the boss’ AI, animation and also recreate the win screen, it was a complete improvisation in 20min for the jam.